New Life in Christ (part 4)
Scripture: Ephesians 5:3–5:5
Ephesians 5:3-5 - We have been ransomed by Christ that we might be renewed to God in holiness. Though our fight against sin does not make us sons and daughters, it is a natural consequence of having been adopted by God. This passage provides a sober warning against sinful patterns of living that are not in keeping with who we have been saved to be.
~ As those made new in Christ, we must.
* Strongly resist sinful cravings of the body and heart (vs 3).
* Be on constant guard against sins of the tongue (vs. 4).
* Soberly examine the trajectory of our sojourn (vs. 5).
~ Applications for Our Church
* We must spend meaningful time together.
* We must constantly remind one another that the verdict has been declared for us and treat each other accordingly.
* We must help each other pay careful attention to the state of our hearts and resulting worship.